DAZ 3D - PD Artist 10, powered by Project Dogwaffle
PD Artist is a digital painting software for PCs with Microsoft Windows, driven by Dogwaffle project. It is more profitable than their big brother full function, the PD Howler price. What they do not have the tools to edit animations and videos are (with one exception: you have animated brush!). If you are not working on animations, PD-artists can be a smart solution for you. Why pay money for tools you do not use?
The biggest new feature in v9.0 is the addition of a ray tracer: Puppy Ray
There were several free updates after the release of 9.0 to V9.2 all the way.
Later, a major version 9.5 was created, followed by 9.6, another free update (9.5). This version had great new tools for realistic landscaping with erosion and deposition, the 3D designer.
Before anything else is right artist for painting. There are a variety of brushes. And many types of brushes. This program focuses on the brush, brushes concentrated. Brushilicious.
PD Artist is on the same ultra-fast database engine in PD Howler and thus benefits from the improved user interface, multi-threading, SSE2 acceleration, speed improvements and other optimizations found he had built there including tools that use the GPU for 3D acceleration.
Why PD Artist?
The goal with PD Artist is the creative tools available at low cost, to make those who do not work with video and create animations, but do not want the paint and design images.
PD Artist makes no animations, still have the tools to work on the video, so it is cheaper than PD Howler. his older brother, PD Howler divided PD Artist is derived from the same code base. We like to say, PD Artist is a subset of Howler. Or think like howler superset beyond PD Artist is.
PD Artist 10, powered by Project Dogwaffle - download now...
- This is delivered as an installer for Windows. We recommend WIndows 10, 8 or 7.
- What's New in PD Artist Version 10?
- List of the most important changes/fixes/new features:
- New media browser
- All new code
- Adds previews for media types that weren't previously supported including particles/bristles/orbicles/foliage
- Large or small icons
- Thumbtack is remembered between instances
- Refinements and fixes
- New color picker
- Integrated color themes and pigment profiles
- New options, plus copy and paste
- New undo system
- Compression to save memory
- Exists in memory or on disc
- Undo browser
- Foliage enhancements
- Foliage painting comes into its own with big improvements
- More memory efficient
- Undo memory is reduced using our new compression API
- Undos can be saved to disc to allow more memory for animation
- Modernized GUI
- Big improvements inspired by the redesigned PD Particle 9 released a few months ago
- Autosave/crash recovery
- Automatically saves your work once a minute with the options to recover if a crash occurs
- Cinemascopic filter
- Simulate the look of color film stock from the 1920's-1940's based on a 2 color die process
- Simplified brush size
- “Allow brush transforms” is automatically turned on if you change a brushes size
- No more headaches
- Enhanced curve tool
- Store multiple curves(!)
- Adjustments for 1600x width screens
- Fewer stacked panels
- Quick access to a number of store and undo features.
- Look for more mini-icons in the upper right zone. We lovingly call it the healthy zone, where you'll encounter a healthy dose of happiness
- Bottom-up coordinates in Puppyray for GPU instead of top-down
- Now you can predict the readability of text, no need to pre-emptively flip it vertically
- Or as a game developer, if you have a feature such as a street making a right turn upwards, it won't anymore turn into a right turn down or left turn, it won't be flipped upside down
- Happy faces stay happy
- And that's a good thing
- The coordinate system is now consistent with the initial view also seen in 3D Designer
- "Up" in the main image (or swap image) is up forward (into the scene) once it is in the 3D rendered scene
- New brush key panel
- New lens flare settings: Mirror elements and Oblique elements
- Expanded use of mouse wheel throughout the program
- Plugin integrations
- raw support/batch processor/brush transparency tool/load brush image sequence/Scan frames/Array to animation/Lua browser. Some are for Howler edtion only, if animated.
- Simplified batch processing
- Layers panel simplification and enhancements
- Enhanced “merge down.” for layers
- New settings panel. Lots of new options, less confusing
- New Orbicle painting options
- Get ready to say "wow, now that's cool!" Styles, gradients, even audio-control
- Onscreen Orbicle previews as you move your pointer. Cool as ever!
- Loading and saving for Bristles and Orbicles settings
- Selection/overlay setting is now remembered between instances
- Layer thumbnail size is now remembered between instances
- Puppyray GPU "grid render" size is now remembered between instances. This is an important optimize.
- Fixes in Bristle brushes
- No more paint smearing off screen. (as sometimes seen along the edges)
- Age decrement setting is now saved with particles. Roots will be roots
- Right/left painting/erasing for foliage
- Yes! Paint a big bush or tree and then dabble around to remove some of it and make it lighter. Get ready to say "ok...this alone was worth my hard earned money. Thank you Dan!"
- Colors-by-name now allows web colors in addition to pigment colors
- The Brush size can be enveloped
- There's a post effect for the brush stroke that resizes the brush along the path, with a graph editor to set the progression, aka the envelope. Look for it in the View menu.
- The symmetry tool now has a interactive center handle
- This allows you to see where the symmetry line is, and to grab and move it. Very intuitive
- The palette mixer now uses bristle brushes instead of the former mixing brush
- Fixed a bug where colors weren't picked on mouse down: The mouse had to move to pick a color
- Editing pigment based themes
- On the color picker, it now has the option to pick an RGB color in addition to preset pigments
- A much requested feature: Optipustic particles can now be scaled
- This makes it very easy to change their size so you can quickly change from drawing, for example, tufts of grass appearing small in a distance, and big nearby. Furthermore, that also allows it to scale like other brushes based on the brightness of the pixels in the Swap image, mentioned earlier.
- New feature in Bristle brushes: Salt and Pepper
- With this extra control, you can adjust the level of embossing to give the bristles a deeper cut into the paint.
- AA Pen (anti-aliased pen) had a problem
- It was being anti-aliased only in one direction. This is fixed.
- For additional info, please refer to thebest3d.com/pda
- This product is only available for Windows and only downloadable through the Product Library. It is not available through DIM or Daz Connect.
DAZ Studio 4.7 a try for yourself because the program is free and you have nothing to lose.
The program can be downloaded from the official website and is completely free...www.daz3d.com
For now that's all the news we come back later ... thanks for visiting and like google+