DAZ 3D - Transforming Daz Dragon 3 with Zbrush
This is more than six hours tutorials in an existing popular dragon model and learn how to develop it again. Find out how morphs added and change the details and coloring with ZBrush. It is a global project, how to create new morphs to change a pattern, use secondary sculpture for details and creating texture maps and coloring to a new look and feel to give to the model. These tutorials were recorded for a live webinar class in Full HD and presented by the master sculptor John Haverkamp.
Need ZBrush (4R7 was used) to follow with these tutorials and have a fundamental to the average knowledge of this software. When preparing and processing textures in this manual, we used Photoshop.
You will learn that
1. A complete tour of the Dragon Daz. 3
2. An examination of the anatomy of the dragon with geometrically simplified forms.
3. A complete list of step-by-step instructions for building morphs for iterative dragon designs
4. Learn the secrets of iterative design. How to create "happy accidents" and variations of Daz Dragon 3, which can be sold in store Daz 3D
5. The paint and texture of your dragon.
6. It all works in an iray shader in Daz
Transforming Daz Dragon 3 with Zbrush - download now...
- Session 1 - Dragon Tour:
- 1. A complete tour of the DAZ 3 dragon. The geometry is the form. How to use the base topology to your complete advantage.
- 2. An examination of the simplified form dragon. Considering the form and anatomy to build the skills for creating realistic fantasy anatomy with appealing design variations.
- 3. A comprehensive and step-by-step guide for building morphs for iterative designs of Dragon 3. This includes resizing limbs and wings, reshaping the head and adding horns.
- 4. We go through some of the secrets of iterative design. How to generate 'happy accidents' and variants of the Daz 3 Dragon by adding morphs. You'll learn how to make morphs created in ZBrush to work for you in Daz Studio.
- Session 2 - Re-engineering with Morphs:
- 1. Using GoZ to transfer the changes to back to DAZ
- 2. Adjusting morph properties and ranges in DAZ
- 3. Iterating with multiple morphs to find a 'sweet' design
- 4. Consolidating many morphs into a single morph dial.
- Session 3 - Secondary Sculpt Pass for Better Texturing:
- Since the primary forms are potentially changed dramatically from the base Dragon 3, a new texture set is recommended for each major Morph Variation! To start this process, the mesh is sub-divided in Zbrush and an overall secondary sculpt pass is applied BEFORE the alpha detailing. Think of this as the 3D under-painting that sets up the final detail. Without a good secondary pass, alphas details often look generic or even fake.
- 1. Skin wrinkles, muscle and fat anatomy details.:
- a. Wrinkle theory, cutting in with the dam standard brush
- b. Inflation, brush passes the influence of fat and gravity
- c. Standard and clay brush, uses for reinforcing both wrinkles and fat details.
- d. Starting to build scale details by hand.
- e. Developing a flow or rhythm that introduces randomness for a natural 'feel'.
- 2. Original Alpha creation:
- a. Getting legal photo reference and preparing it in Photoshop
- b. Sculpting texture details from scratch on a plane in Zbrush
- c. Making tilable textures in Photoshop and Zbrush
- d. Making 'hero' detail patches
- 3. Using Alpha's with layers:
- a. Morph targets and morph brush options
- b. Layer mixing
- c. Customizing brushes
- 4. Reinforcing the Alpha details pass with manual sculpting:
- a. Rinse and repeat until finished!
- Session 4 - Colouring your Dragon:
- 1. Painting the Diffuse layer:
- a. color theory
- b. using the mask menu to assist with color painting
- c. spray and color spray brushes
- 2. Map Extraction:
- a. Normal
- d. Displacement
- c. Diffuse
- d. Ambient Occlusion
- c. Cavity
- e. Metal, Rough, or Spec and Glossy, the differences and how to use the mask menu in zbrush plus adjustments photoshop to build them
- 3. Getting it all working in an Iray shader in Daz
- a. importing the maps to the right slots
- b. playing with settings and options
- 1. Painting the Diffuse layer:
- Bonus Session:
- How to create luminous detailing/coloring.
- This product includes:
- 5 General Installers
Digital Art Live magbhitu
Install Manager Manual Install
DAZ Studio 4.7 a try for yourself because the program is free and you have nothing to lose.
The program can be downloaded from the official website and is completely free...www.daz3d.com
For now that's all the news we come back later ... thanks for visiting and like google+