DAZ 3D - How to Master Iray Lighting for Realistic Character Portraits
Generate awesome portrait renders with real-world lights techniques! Discover how experienced photographers light-weight their matters and how toward transfer their techniques in the direction of your Iray renders. Carry out the perfect of your figures and produce your artwork stand out!
Esha will get yourself in the course of 3 hrs of tutorials for portrait lights setups, specifically for Daz Studio and Iray. Bundled are a selection of scene documents (including a house prop that can be applied for lighting) in direction of support your self experiment with the setups.
Light-weight functions explained.
Mild products made use of within just images : organic and natural, flash, elegance dish and softbox
Recreating primary light layouts within just Daz Studio
Recreating true world lights assets inside Daz Studio
Four versions of common portrait lighting setups described and analyzed
Indoor and outdoor portraits
Tests and working with option HDRI resources
Concerning the presenter Esha:
Esha life inside Austria and consists of been producing 3D goods for almost Thirteen years!
She has developed content for Smith Micro and Daz and is an busy seller at daz3d.com.
At the time Daz launched the Developer Tools for Daz Studio inside 2008 she provided them into her workflow and incorporates been performing with Daz Studio, along with Poser, ever due to the fact. Within recent many years she includes been concentrating on DS for products enhancement.
Esha's preferred equipment involve Daz Studio, Poser, ZBrush, Wings3D, Xfrog, Terrific Designer, UVLayout and Photoshop. Inside all of Those she is a self-taught artist, basing her capabilities upon many years of expertise and plenty of on the net tutorials.
She totally appreciates the troubles of transferring from Poser toward Daz Studio, eating produced that journey herself, and loves passing upon her Studio technological innovation toward clean buyers.
Esha far too contains lots of yrs of experience in just education adults. She firmly believes that the ideal path toward study is in direction of actively do nearly anything your self, hence she favours a hands-on approach within teaching.
Being familiar with simply also effectively how tiresome it is toward get scraps of content all higher than the web she requires in the direction of offer intensive webinars that rather give sturdy material. Going towards the basic principles towards innovative techniques she takes treatment towards generate confident that her visitors will be equipped toward adhere to her applications easily.
In her spare season Esha enjoys listening in direction of classical audio, baking muffins and gathering cat shots.
How to Master Iray Lighting for Realistic Character Portraits - download now...
- How to Master Iray Lighting for Realistic Character Portraits
- Included Videos (.MP4):
- Session 1 : Light characteristics and setups
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:01 - Chapter 1 : Light characteristics explained
- 00:02 - Simple example with default lighting - with a basic portrait cylinder using DIRECTION
- 00:04 - Characteristic : Example with intensity
- 00:06 - Inverse square law
- 00:08 - Characteristic : Colour
- 00:09 - Characteristic : geometry
- 00:10 - Hardness and softness of shadows
- 00:12 - Question on colour temperature
- 00:14 - Chapter 2 : Lights used in Photography
- 00:16 - Sunny or Cloudy - hard or soft shadows
- 00:17 - Photography umbrellas
- 00:19 - Photography beauty dish
- 00:19 - Photography soft box
- 00:20 - Photography reflectors
- 00:23 - Recreating Photography light types in Daz Studio
- 00:30 - Recreating the beauty dish in Daz Studio
- 00:37 - Chapter 3 : Applying characteristics and lighting a portrait figure (shoulders and head)
- 00:38 - Distance and intensity
- 00:42 - Tests with mesh, point, spot light and comparison.
- 00:42 - Tests on reflectors with a character
- 00:49 - Q&A on reflectors
- 00:53 - Chapter 4: Portrait lighting set ups
- 00:58 - Butterfly lighting in depth
- 01:03 - Comment on preferences for different lighting types
- 01:04 - loop lighting
- 01:04 - Butterfly lighting - setting up one light at a time
- 01:08 - Work on one light at a time
- 01:12 - Rembrandt lighting
- 01:13 - Split setup
- 01:17 - Question on Promo lighting
- 01:20 - Spotlight tip where an emissive plane is parented
- 01:28 - Light intensity mathematics!
- Session 2 : Case Studies
- 00:00 Chapter 1 : Outdoor lighting case studies
- 00:05 Case study 1 : Girl at doorway
- 00:06 Use of ghost light and depth of field
- 00:07 Cast study 2 & 3 : promos - iray sun
- 00:09 HDRI - photographer's studio
- 00:12 HDRI test - Hotel room - use of mixing natural and artificial lights
- 00:13 About the iray sun colour
- 00:15 HDRI test - Costa Brava beach & Sandy Beaches
- 00:22 Reflectors - advantages. Question on emmisive materials with reflectors
- 00:24 Chapter 2 : Mimicking beauty lighting in Daz Studio
- 00:26 Re-create the real world studio
- 00:29 Trying with different skin types
- 00:31 Clam shell setup
- 00:36 Chapter 3 : Dramatic portraits with a beauty disk
- 00:40 Side light dramatic
- 00:42 Add a grid to your light. Lots of point lights.
- 00:48 Chapter 4: Fashion shoots and recreating these.
- 00:50 Set up recreated - with umbrella lights and back lights
- 00:54 Simulating soft box strip box
- 01:00 3Delight fashion lighting
- 00:04 Esha's own Daz Studio set up
- 01:07 Chapter 5: Low-key and high key portrait studies
- 01:11 High key portraits. Very light tones, soft light not very many shadows
- 01:14 High key portraits in Daz Studio
- 01:24 End
- Session 1 : Light characteristics and setups
- Photography Props & Lights (.DUF):
- Beauty Dish 60cm
- Beauty Dish Real
- Fill Light Soft
- Octabox 100cm
- Softbox 100cm + Grid
- Softbox 100cm
- Studio Room Default
- Studio Room Roll
- Umbrella 120cm
- Scene Setups (.DUF):
- Setup Butterfly 1
- Setup Butterfly 2
- Setup Loop 1
- Setup Loop 2
- Setup Rembrandt 1
- Setup Rembrandt 2
- Setup Split 1
- Setup Split 2
- This product includes:
- 1 DSON Core Installer
esha Digital Art Live
DAZ Studio 4.10
- Daz Connect
- Install Manager
- Manual Install